Sunday, September 21, 2008

what i no longer take for granted

the non-exhaustive list goes as follows:

--tap water
--“free” internet (or at least not paying up-front)
--fresh air (especially when driving)
--my own car
--showers
--baby power
--reliable and consistent electricity
--storage in bathrooms
--toilet paper in public places
--hand soap (antibacterial!)
--recycling
--sunsets after 6 pm
--plugging things into outlets without converters
--a walk to class being less than 25 minutes
--cool breezes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that facebook can take me to such random places. I have loved reading what you have written. You write with amazing finesse and passion that makes it wonderful to read. I think there are a lot of similarities between the semester I had in Honduras, and the one you are having now. Isn't that funny, they are two completely different worlds, and yet there are such similarities. I hope you have an absolutly amazing experience in Ghana. Live in every second of it because you will miss it like hell when you leave. Say hi to Katie and Anna from me, and I am going to be a stalker and keep checking up on your blog!!

Aimee Breuker